soursop Also known as Graviola, soursop is a large prickly, heart-shaped green colored fruit growing in tropical regions. It is covered with ridges on the outside and has a soft juicy flesh inside. It resembles a custard apple and is dark green when raw. As it ripens, it becomes slightly soft and light green externally. Thus, this fruit is closely related to custard apple and cherimoyas in terms of appearance and flavor. Its white pulpy flesh contains small shiny black inedible seeds and has a sweet, acidic taste.
Seedless varieties of soursop are rarely available and generally have a fibrous flesh. Due to its creamy texture, it is often used in beverages, ice creams, and other sweet foods. The skin of the fruit is inedible, but the white fleshy part is quite nutritious. The seeds should never be eaten as they are toxic in nature. The tips of the prickles of ripe soursop fruit break off easily. Under-ripe fruits can be stored in the dark until they ripen fully.
- Boosts The Immune System: The soursop fruit was found to provide more micronutrients than its pulp. But the pulp has more amount of vitamin A than the juice. Soursop is also rich in ascorbic acid (vitamin C) that strengthens and boosts the immune system. Beta-carotene, the precursor of vitamin A, also contributes to an enhanced immune system.
- Soursop Fights Cancer: One of its many important benefits is the antioxidants present in it such as acetogenin, quinolones, and alkaloids, etc. These elements are directly required for cancer prevention and reducing the size of the tumor. It has been seen as an alternative treatment of cancer in many types of research. Acetogenin found in it plays a positive role in the treatment of breast, pancreatic, prostate, and lung cancer by cutting blood flow to the growth of non-normal cells.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are compounds that help neutralize harmful compounds called free radicals, which can cause damage to cells. Studies show that soursop is high in antioxidants, which may help prevent cell damage and could lower the risk of chronic disease.
- Boosts Kidney And Liver Health: As per one Malaysian study, soursop extract was found to be safe in rats that were being treated for kidney and liver ailments. Similar observations could be observed in humans as well. According to another Indian study, the acetogenins in soursop can kill the malignant cells of 12 types of cancer, with liver cancer being one of them.
- Soursop Aids Diabetes Treatment: According to a Nigerian study, soursop possesses anti-diabetic properties. The two groups of rats tested in the study had a significant difference in their blood glucose concentrations, with the group treated by soursop having lower concentrations than the other.
- Improves Eye Health: soursop fruit is replete with antioxidants. These antioxidants, especially vitamins C and E, zinc, and beta-carotene, have been found to decrease the risk of eye disease. The antioxidants also reduce oxidative stress, which can otherwise cause cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Soursop For Skin: Applying soursop seed powder and applying it on the skin tightens the skin. It helps in reducing facial wrinkles, aging marks, and spots. If you apply this paste in the affected areas regularly, not only will your skin be healthy, but you will also be able to protect yourself from bacterial infection.
- Improves Hair Healthcare: Soursop contains a good amount of Vitamin C, which helps in preventing hair loss. and use soursop on the scalp helps to get rid of head lice. Certain sources also suggest soursop paste can work wonders for hair – by treating dandruff and itching and strengthening hair as well-effective, and helps you control the portion size.
- Helps Treat Infections: Soursop can treat infections caused by bacteria and parasites, one of those being leishmaniasis, a disease caused by parasites that are transmitted through the bites of sand fleas.
- Relieves Pain: In terms of pain relief, soursop has been topically applied to wounds and injuries for generations but also works internally to relieve pain and speed healing. The sedative and anti-inflammatory aspects of this impressive tropical fruit make it an ideal solution for all types of body pain both inside and out.
The Soursop fruit price in India is a little high compare to other fruits. The Dharmasthala Enterprises from Beltangadi, KARNATAKA is one of the best companies in providing the Soursop fruit in India at the best price. If you want to buy the Soursop fruit at the best price, visit our Lakshman fruit website www.lakshmanfruit.com , As well as the Soursop fruit can buy online. If you want to know where to buy the soursop fruit juice, then you can visit our website www.lakshmanfruit.com
You can contact +91-8762694098 or +91-9449075409 . soursop service is one of the best soursop fruit juice sellers in India. We are available online 24 hours for increasing customer convenience.