You could be finishing secondary or metric schooling and, looking for the first logical step in your career journey. Or, you might be a seasoned professional deciding to take a new career path. Many diploma students have been in their occupation for a few years and know that the right qualification will escalate pay rise or promotion opportunities.
The demand for people with vocational skills has gone up thus creating jobs for a lot of people. AILC provides future concern Diploma Courses in multiple domains. Below are some good reasons why you should opt for a diploma than a degree.
- Diplomas make you ready for the job market-Many university degrees will focus on theory-based knowledge that may not guarantee you the career or position you want. Diploma education allows you to understand the skills you need while allowing you to put these skills into practice while you study.
- You are likely to get a job faster-The skill shortage in India ensures that what you learn from completing a technical diploma is highly valuable to employers. Recent research has proven that 78% of Diploma holders are employed after training
- Chances of earning more are higher –On average, people with a Certificate 10th or 12th qualification in India are earning 80000 P/A more than Bachelor’s degrees graduate in their first year out of the study. An online survey report cites that the median full-time income for a Diploma holder is 150000 P/A. Whereas, the median graduate salary for students completing a bachelor’s degree is 120000 P/A. Often Diploma holders can earn higher salaries than many bachelor’s degree graduates.
- A Diploma course takes a short amount of time to complete-University professional degrees require a minimum of four years of full-time study, while diplomas need only two to three years at the very most. Due to the practical nature of diplomas, the amount of time you spend learning and completing assignments will be greatly lessened, allowing you to enter the workforce and reap the benefits sooner.
- It is cheaper to go for a diploma course-Undergraduate degrees can cost upwards of 4 Lcs on course fees alone, whereas diplomas can cost less than half, or a third of that price. Furthermore, just like university degrees.
- Diploma courses are flexible-The best Technical education courses can be started at any time of the year because unlike degrees, they don’t have to follow a higher education calendar. If timing or other flexibility is a factor, then a diploma is a smart and accessible choice.
- Diploma courses qualification are few-Before you are allowed to pursue a degree you have to meet certain criteria. This leaves many people out in the cold. A diploma course qualification is attainable and does not sideline any people.
- Focused Career Training –Diploma Courses are laser-focused on the specific industry and spend time teaching students the skills they need to build their careers. You learn the most relevant information based on the best industry practice by instructors who worked in the field.
- You can enter the workforce early-Don’t see yourself taking the long academic route of getting a degree? Or perhaps you would like to earn some big bucks and gain some work experience before settling into a degree. Well, a diploma program can act as a safety net for you!
- You’ll be more prepared for your degree-If you decide to pursue your degree after your diploma, you’ll be pleased to know that you’re likely to be fast-tracked directly to Year 2 of your degree. This, of course, depends on your results and if your chosen degree is related to your diploma studies.
A degree today is more of a luxury but also a necessity. So it really depends on personal preference. Altogether, we won’t deny that a degree is not important but a diploma with experience will definitely land you a great career or more than enough to start you on a path to entrepreneurship.